Reading Time: 4 Minutes.
Playing games is considered healthy as they are a form of exercise that benefits our body and immune system and considerably increases our strength. It also keeps us fit and prevents us from many diseases. However, there are various outdoor games among all the outdoor games, football is the world’s most popular outdoor game, which combines strength, speed, skills, and this game is also called soccer in some countries.
The name Football is a group of two words, “foot” and “ball,” where players run and kick a ball from their foot. Football is played between 2 teams of eleven players with a spherical ball. Football is a family of team sport that involves a varying degree, kicking a ball to score a goal. It is played by over 250 million players in over 200 countries, making it the world’s most popular sport.
One of the most massive ever football tournament was played in 1999 in which a total of 5,098 teams had participated, and more than 35,000 players took part.
List of 10 grounds in Hyderabad:
- Hotfut Begumpet
- Shiv Shankar Football Stadium
- Cyclone Sport
- Turf Side
- SCF Football Ground
- Gymkhana Football Ground
- Bend It Sport Turf
- Astro Park
- PJR Stadium
- GHMC Sport Complex
Let us discuss each of them in detail:
A one-stop sports destination with the finest arenas for multiple sports.
- Location: White House- Block 3, Kundanbagh Colony, Begumpet.
- Fee: On weekends- 1200rs for 1 hour, On weekdays- 2300rs for 1 hour.
- Timings: 6 am – 1 am
Shiv Shankar Football Stadium
It’s a sizable police ground. Well suited for football matches. It will be great fun playing there with buddies.
- Location: Malakunta Road, Chandhanwadi Colony, Goshamahal.
- Free entry.
Five a side astroturf football ground and fully equipped with the best of modern sports infrastructure.
- Location: Sabza colony, Brindavan Colony, Toli chowki.
- Timing: 6am – 8 am
- Fee: Rs.1800 for one hour approximately.
It’s the city’s largest and finest football and cricket stadium with an international quality turf standard.
- Location: Road no. 10, Jawahar colony, Venkata Giri, Jubilee Hills.
- Timing: 6am – 12 am
- Fee: Rs.3000 per 1 hour, although they may charge less if you’re a regular customer or booking for a longer time.
SCF Football Ground
SCF sports complex centrally located in the heart of the city. It was the first football coaching centre in Hyderabad. The founder of SCF football ground was K. Saibaba Garu, who has a passion for sports.
- Location: Mahatma Gandhi Colony, Masab Tank.
- Fee: 1200 on weekdays, 1500 on weekends.
Gymkhana Football Ground
This ground was established in 1928 when Hyderabad Cricket Club and Raja Dhanraj Gir played on the field in Behram-ud-Dowlah Tournament.
- Location: Secunderabad
- Free Entry
- Timing: 9: 30 am – 6:30 pm
Bend It Sport Turf
A perfect pitch for a soccer match, a bit small for cricket, though. You will love to play there if you like futsal or fun with your peers. Go and have some fun, especially at night.
- Location: Road no 45, Nandagiri Hills, Jubilee Hills.
- Open 24 hours
- Fee: 2000 per hour
Great location to spend time on sports. If you are looking to enjoy yourself with your colleagues, this would be one of the best places. One of Astro parks’ best features, as if you are injured in the game, apollo hospital is nearby.
- Location: Near Apollo Hospital, Film Nagar, Jubilee Hills.
- Timing: 7am-1am
- Fee: 1600 per hour
This place is for all people who want to spend weekends with family and friends. If you want any faculty or coach, then you need to pay.
- Location: Huda Colony, Lingampally.
- Timing: 6 am to 10 am and 4 pm to 8 pm
- Free entry
GHMC Sport Complex
Good public ground, besides it, there is a park for a walk. It is not only a good sports ground but also the right place for morning jogging.
- Location: Red Hills, Lakdi ka pul.
- Free entry
- Open 24 hours
Football is one of the games that test your mental and physical ability as a football player. Playing football is a good exercise that is very beneficial for health. It is also an excellent source of entertainment which gives freshness to our minds.